What is the mission about?
Businesses and organisations across Limerick are being encouraged to take part in #ToTheMoon. This fun, interactive virtual challenge promotes wellness and connectedness while raising funds for seven charities and social enterprises.
Teams of up to 6 are invited to join the challenge. They will collectively conquer the distance to the moon (384,000kms) during the winter of 2021/2022 through zero-emission activities such as walking, running, cycling, rowing or swimming.
How do I join the mission?
Company Team Challenge
- If you would like to participate as part of a company team, speak to your employer or organisation about getting set up on the Eventmaster platform and paying the registration fee.*
- If you are going as a team, create or join a team of up to 6 people. A designated person will need to gather the details of each team member.
- Name your team and select who each team member will support; All the Humanli Family Charities or a specific Humanli Family charity.
- A designated person from your company will need to purchase and enter the details of each team member on the Eventmaster platform. This will allow each team member to have a personal Eventmaster page to fundraise and log their distance.
- This link allows you to get set up on Eventmaster.
- The cost is €20 per person for #tothemoon only and €50 euro per person for #musicformentalhealth**.
- Select and pay for Package 1 #tothemoon or Package 2 #tothemoon and #musicformentalhealth. Package 2 includes tickets for #musicformentalhealth where we will host the landing party (see below for more details).
*Companies putting forward teams are asked to cover the registration fee for Teams to allow participants to 100% fundraise for the Humanli Family.
** When selecting the combined event, please note that we will be subject to the covid-restrictions that may be in place come January.
Personal/ Team Challenge
- If you would like to join #tothemoon as a personal challenge, climb aboard! Individuals are equally welcome to participate as a solo mission, as well as in groups.
- There are very few differences for you joining on your own without a company backing, regardless of how many team members you have. Up to six per team.
- Solo voyagers will need to set up a Team on the platform the same as teams of 2 or more. This will allow others to join you on the way if you wish.
- Name your team and select who each team member will support; All the Humanli Family Charities or a specific Humanli Family Charity.
- You or a team lead will need to purchase and enter the details of each team member on the Eventmaster platform (as instructed). This will allow each team member to have a personal Eventmaster page to fundraise and log their distance.
- The cost is €20 per person for #tothemoon only and €50 euro per person for #musicformentalhealth*.
- This link allows you to get set up on Eventmaster.
- Select and pay for #tothemoon, #tothemoon and #musicformentalhealth, including tickets for #musicformentalhealth, where we will host the landing party (see below for more).
* When selecting the combined event, please note that we will be subject to the covid-restrictions in place come January.
Getting Set- Up on Eventmaster
- When paying for your ticket to climb aboard all participant email addresses are required. This gives all team members access to the Eventmaster platform and share updates with you as part of the mission.
- Once a ticket has been purchased for you as part of a team or as a solo mission all participants in your team will receive two emails:
- One asks the participant to log in or sign up to the event master platform. This will give you access to the Virtual Hub where you may log your distances and see the leaderboards.
- The other email will give you a link to your fundraising page. This includes prompts to customise your fundraising target and message to donators.
How many kilometres do I have to cover?
If you’re part of a team, talk about what you can achieve. A cyclist will cover a much greater distance than a walker for instance. Some may be stronger at conquering distance, while others may be better at fundraising and others strengths may lay in making this the best mission possible for all involved!
Our goal is to conquer 384,000 over the two month period collectively. This is #humanlipossible!!
How do I track and log my distance?
- You can log your activity on the [Virtual Hub] option. You can access this from the top right corner of your page by clicking[Welcome…]. This will give you a number of options, choose [Virtual Hub] which allows you to log your KMS and see your progress and contribution to the overall mission.
- You can track your distance (KMs) conquered by zero-emission activities using a number of devices. For example, using a fitness tracker watch (FitBit or Garman) or downloading free mobile apps to track your activity (Strava or My Fitness Pal). These apps require turning on GPS.
- If you don’t have access to these options, you can estimate your activity. For example, 1 hour of walking/ 30 minutes of running/ 15 minutes of cycling is estimated to be about 5KM each.
- You can log your distance as regularly as you wish. There will be weekly leaderboards to show you where you are within your team and against all other teams.
- And remember, every step counts! 10,000 steps are equivalent to 8k.
How do I fundraise?
- You can share your personal Eventmaster page on social media and via email. Your network can donate directly to your page through online transfer.
- All funds raised (100%) will go directly to the designated account for the charity/ charities you choose to support at the point of registration. All donations and activities will be showcased on your fundraising page.
- Donators can also share your fundraising page on your behalf.
- The Eventmaster fundraising platform has a default fundraising target of €500.
- Remember you can change this target to suit your goal by going to your EventMaster Account, clicking on the [Fundraising] tab. This is just above [Virtual Hub].
- Here you will see your #tothemoon fundraising Campaign. Click on Page Settings, and it will allow you to change your fundraising target. At Page Settings, you can also change your fundraising pitch to potential donators and add photos.
- There is no limit as to how much you can fundraise, but we’re hoping that the effort you put in and will be justly rewarded! It will hopefully be possible for each team to raise €1,000, but there is no pressure. This is a fun event to support 7 terrific charities.
Who are the Humanli Family?
The Humanli Family is our network of 7 charities and Social enterprises. Our Humanli Family include: BlueBox Creative Arts Therapy, CareBright, Community, Clare’s Wish Foundation, Clionas, Foundation, Corpus Christi Primary School, Lime Tree Theatre and Limerick Suicide Watch. For more information on each, click here.
Why participate in this mission?
The challenge has been designed to be a win-win for all participants. As well as raising much needed funds for the Humanli Family of charities, this mission enables companies to:
- give back to the community
- create more connectedness amongst staff after the pandemic
- promote fitness and wellness over the winter months.
At the end of the #tothemoon challenge, we will develop a social impact report measuring the collective contribution and impact the challenge and its participants had in the community. You can use this report as part of your overall CSR strategy.
What is #MusicforMentalHealth?
The #MusicforMentalHealth event takes place in Dolans on 14 January 2022. Also organised by Humanli, the first #MusicforMentalHealth took place in January 2018. It’s a social impact event linking artists, businesses and good causes to generate awareness for mental health in Ireland. It’s a very popular staff night out. Six acts will perform – details will be announced in the coming weeks.
If your company/ team selects the #ToTheMoon and the#MusicforMentalHealth Package you will join us at our Landing Party in Dolans Warehouse on Friday 14 January 2022, to raise awareness for mental health, meet new people and enjoy all kinds of music.
Please note: * When selecting the combined event, please note that we will be subject to the covid-restrictions in place come January.
What else can I do to support the mission?
- Please spread the word! Encourage as many people in your network to take part or to support you.
- Post your team pics on social media and tag us and add #tothemoon
If you have any more questions or would like a presentation on what’s involved, please contact us today